Online BS in Criminal Justice - Substance Abuse
Become a voice for justice and a conduit for recovery with Southern New Hampshire University’s online BS in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Substance Abuse.
Criminal Justice – Substance Abuse Degree Benefits:
- Median annual salary of $60,250 for probation officers and correctional treatment specialists1
- 12% projected job growth for social and community service management positions through 20311
- Flexible term starts - six 8-week terms per year
- 24/7 online accessibility - attend class when and where it's convenient
- One of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation
- Transfer up to 90 credits toward an undergraduate degree
Courses May Include:
Foundations of Addiction, Substance Use: From Screening to Consultation and Pharmacological Factors in Substance Use Treatment. Request degree information now.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, on the internet at:
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/probation-officers-and-correctional-treatment-specialists.htm (viewed November 4, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm (viewed November 4, 2022)
Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Substance Abuse offered by Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) does not directly lead to licensure. It does provide a significant portion of the substance abuse coursework most often recognized as necessary for licensure. Students seeking licensure and/or certification may be required to complete additional coursework and will be required to complete fieldwork as prescribed by each state. Most states also require a passing score on a licensing exam.
The licensure process and educational requirements for drug and alcohol counselors vary from state to state. This program does not directly lead to licensure.
It is the student’s responsibility to contact their state board or agency for additional information regarding the licensure process and educational requirements. If the student moves to another state, the requirements for licensure will likely be different from the state where the student currently resides, and the student is responsible for determining the licensure requirements in the state to which he/she relocates. Southern New Hampshire University does not guarantee that the completion of this program will result in state licensure or certification.
At SNHU, your success is our mission. We offer student support staff and services such as academic advisors, career services and our exclusive online community, SNHUconnect.
SNHU hires faculty with real-world experience. You'll have specially trained instructors that are adept in helping you develop your skills and enhancing your academic success.
Our students enjoy one of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation, so you can achieve your dreams at a price you can afford. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.